Sunday, December 9, 2007

Requested Update!!



For the mystery person who requested an update.....The seat is finally finished, it was a little more difficult than we thought but the end result is pretty good. We followed the instructions from Kombi Club but made the seat wider - 3 kids who want to be as far away from each other as poss!



The base is made from 18mm ply, the rock and roll mechanisms are the originals although we will probably replace them for shiny new ones at some point and the foams and material are new. The kick board under the seat is good ole mdf. We still need to get a 3rd seatbelt as there were only 2 originally but again these will all be replaced as they are a bit tired. I did all the upholstering myself - I used to make bras for M&S in the UK so figured I could do the job!! The material is actually more orange than the pics show but it was dark when I took them. All in all we are very happy and Tom said he didn't swear too much!!



The other pic is to show that my nice stereo is now in place as well as the new door card that I did! Some of the holes to fix it needed a little persuading to line up......(a good talking to and bigger drill bit!) What I would like to do is cover the door cards and all other panels in an unbacked carpet type stuff - if anyone knows where I can get some in WA, please let me know.


I suppose the next thing to sort out is the floor but it will be a while as T desperately wants to work on Bob who is not in action due to broken brake lines....



No comments: